[Asterisk-Users] SIP, NAT & Asterisk

Olaf Menzel menzel at fokus.fhg.de
Sun Jun 8 06:45:20 MST 2003

Hi John,
------------
thank you for pointing me to to some of the additional Asterisk documentation
stuff.

> http://www.digium.com/handbook-draft.pdf
>
> In addition, there are a variety of home-built pages.
> http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm
> http://asterisk.gnuinter.net/

I found a lot of helpful hints.

> My suggestion is that if your Asterisk server is behind a NAT, the
> only hosts it should talk with are devices that are also behind the
> NAT, or other Asterisk servers via IAX or IAX2 which may be on the
> outside of the NAT.

All my SIP devices in my home network are behind the NAT. The asterisk server
at our institute has a official public IP address. Maybe the existing
firewall ca make some trouble ??

Thank you for your fast reply and help

Olaf