[Asterisk-Users] sip channel driver causes asterisk to crash when talking to quintum A800

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Sun Jun 8 01:29:28 MST 2003

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, John Todd wrote:

> Make that three of us.  However, Asterisk isn't crashing, it's merely
> "locking up" with my ATA-186, but not my Cisco 7960's.  My own debug
> included below.

I'm sure its just that get_calleridname goes wrong when there's no
"name" part in the incoming call From: header.

EG, calls from Packet8 have

  From: <sip:12319290970 at 4.1.42.8>;tag=3D1503B4-47A

Yours are similar.

I notice in get_calleridname it goes end = strchr(input, '<');
and then later --end which takes end off the front of the input.

The code assumes that input and end bracket the "name" part of the sip
uri, but actually end is before input.

So presumably that is the problem.

Steve