[Asterisk-Users] Dummy account/extension

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Wed Jul 30 06:55:38 MST 2003

Hi,

It is possible to create a dummy account (SIP or IAX type) in order to be
used in a "dummy" extension?
I want to be able to use it as a normal extension (as an IP phone connected
to it), but without the need to answer or call from that extension.
I want that when I call that extension to hear the ring, and after the
defined period of time to enter in the Voicemail system.
I don't want to use a real phone (hardware or software) for this purpose.

It is possible to do this in a simple way?

Thanks,
Dan