[Asterisk-Users] Dummy account/extension

Armand A. Verstappen armand at nl.envida.net
Wed Jul 30 07:06:34 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 15:55, Dan wrote:
> It is possible to create a dummy account (SIP or IAX type) in order to be
> used in a "dummy" extension?
> I want to be able to use it as a normal extension (as an IP phone connected
> to it), but without the need to answer or call from that extension.
> I want that when I call that extension to hear the ring, and after the
> defined period of time to enter in the Voicemail system.
> I don't want to use a real phone (hardware or software) for this purpose.
>
> It is possible to do this in a simple way?

doesn't:

[globals]

WAITTIME=10
MAILBOX=1234

[dummy]

exten => 1234,1,Wait(${WAITTIME}) ; give illusion we might pick up
exten => 1234,2,VoiceMail2(${MAILBOX}) ; then kick into voicemail
exten => 1234,3,Hangup

do the trick?

wkr,

--
Envida                     http://www.envida.net/
Armand A. Verstappen       Graadt van Roggenweg 328