[Asterisk-Users] Linux flavor?

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Tue Jul 29 07:41:26 MST 2003

Good advice.  Unfortunately, nobody with requisite skill has stepped up
to get this thing ported over to FreeBSD (though I recently heard a
rumor that someone finally got it built).  Nothing personal against
Linux, in fact I was highly impressed with the RH9 install last week and
will likely end up with it on my laptop if not my desktop, but for
servers there are a great many people, including myself, who much prefer
BSD over Linux.

I can't speak for all BSD users, but for myself, the issue is not so
much one of trust, it's a matter of (re)learning the linux way.  I
originally gave up Linux in favor of FreeBSD because in 1996, FreeBSD
was better in many ways, most of which no longer apply (just the
asthetic ones).

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks