[Asterisk-Users] voicemail enhancements

Brad Bergman bradley at bergman.ca
Fri Jul 25 01:36:04 MST 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Daryl Jones wrote:

> Brad's recent list of enhancements look good, but I haven't looked
> at the code yet. If the code looks good, I hope it will be committed
> to the project CVS.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I fear it's premature. Hopefully
someday I can make it suitable for CVS though.

> Here's a partial list of enhancements that I would like to see in
> Comedian Mail.  I am probably interested in helping to fund the
> enhancement of Asterisk voicemail.  Is anyone else interested?
>
> -Address message to multiple recipients
> -Forward message to multiple recipients
> -Recipient groups maintained by a user-accessible web page
> -Scheduled future deliver
> -Say digits of calling number when requested
> -Reminder paging notification until message is retrieved

Those would all be cool. Calling party number I have implemented as part
of message envelope, where I have tried a somewhat dubious method to play
the recorded name if the call originated from another system user. I'm
definitely interested Comedian Mail myself at the moment (to the extent
that I'm qualified to muddle with it). My own to-do list still includes a
few items:

- flagging of messages as urgent, private, etc
- handling urgent, private, etc messages appropriately (still pondering a
sensible way to give urgent messages priority during playback)
- mailbox options for individual users to specify a couple of numbers
(other than 0 for operator) to which a caller could transfer him/herself
- a secretarial password that would allow listening to message headers for
new messages and nothing else

Brad