[Asterisk-Users] AUSTEL Certified

Anthony Wood woody+asterisk at switchonline.com.au
Wed Jul 23 06:17:10 MST 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 03:38:39PM +1000, Gary wrote:
> PLEASE NOTE THIS.
>

> NONE, I do mean none of the digium cards are legal to use in australia
> as they have no c-tick or a-tick (each as required).

IANAL, but it is pretty clear from the regs that you can plug your phone
line into whatever, if you get written permission from the telco.

I'm yet to ask.

There are also exceptions for mobile phones imported for personal use
and testing equipment.

It's also unclear as to where the network boundary is for installations
of Optus VoDSL, I'm trying to clear this up with ACA at the moment.

AUSTEL was the old scheme, ACA runs the show now.

I think the cheapest legal way to plug asterisk in at the moment
is to upgrade your phone line to ISDN BRI ($125 upgrade from Telstra
at the moment) and buy a NetJet ISDN card (AU$250).  Does anyone know
if these cards work with capi?

cheers,
Woody

> Under certain circumstance you may be able to use the E100p/E400p; to
> hook up to a telco, but only under particular circumstances which would
> also involve colocation.
>
> Now the TE410 does even exist yet, please read the thread....... read
> winter for summer for the USA being upsidedown if your from downunder
> ;-)
>
> Gary
>
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:43:18 +1000, David Hindmarsh wrote:
>
> >Hi Guys
> >
> >Is this card available here in Australia yet, is it certified.
> >
> >Dave

Woody