[Asterisk-Users] Silly questions due to ingrained knowledge of analog phone use.

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Jul 17 14:01:55 MST 2003

This is not an explicit answer to all of your questions, but...

1) There is currently no intercom functionality supported by Asterisk
as an "in-band" method of communicating with phones.  There is the
ability to make audio on a phone call appear out of the sound-out
port on a soundcard, which may be what you're after if you have a PA
system of some sort.

2) You can do everything you're looking for with Asterisk.  Spend a
bit of money on some hardphones (Cisco ATA-186 is my personal bias,
since they have 2 lines and they're cheap) and get an X100P analog
adapter.  Everything you've mentioned can be demo'ed with that
configuraion.

JT