[Asterisk-Users] insmod wcfxo failed ( b8zs, esf, wink startis what I'm trying to do.)

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Mon Jul 14 23:27:25 MST 2003

>> root at asterisk01:~# modprobe wcfxo
>> /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/wcfxo.o: init_module: No such device
>> /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/wcfxo.o: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by
>> incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
>>       You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
>> /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/wcfxo.o: insmod
>> /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/wcfxo.o
>> failed
>> /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/wcfxo.o: insmod wcfxo failed

There's a couple of possibilties here.

1) You've got a T100P card and you're loading the wrong driver.  Use the
wct1xxp driver for this card.

2) You've got a T400P card and you're loading the wrong driver.  Use the
tor2 driver for this card.

3) You've got an X100P board and for some reason it just doesn't want to
load the driver right.  If you're wanting to put a T1 into the system,
though, this is the wrong card.