[Asterisk-Users] insmod wcfxo failed ( b8zs, esf, wink start is what I'm trying to do.)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jul 14 22:57:07 MST 2003

Time for lots of knowledge transfer.

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 00:14, mvickers at real.com wrote:
> Thanks in advance
>
> root at asterisk01:~# modprobe wcfxo
> /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/wcfxo.o: init_module: No such device
> /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/wcfxo.o: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by
> incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
>       You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
> /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/wcfxo.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/wcfxo.o
> failed
> /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/wcfxo.o: insmod wcfxo failed
> root at asterisk01:~#
>

> root at asterisk01:~# cat /etc/zaptel.conf |grep -v "#"

This is a very wasteful and not always going to work correctly command.
There is no need to use cat when grep will work by itself. Next config
lines can have comments on them, and your pattern will eliminate them
from your listing. So you should really do something like...
grep -v '^#' /etc/zaptel.conf
This will just get rid of lines beginning with the comment delimiter.
You might want to add a grep in the pipeline after that that looks for a
alpha character so you can eliminate empty lines. So try using
grep -v '^#' /etc/zaptel.conf | grep '[a-zA-Z0-9]'

> span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
> dynamic=eth,eth0/00:02:b3:35:43:9c,24,0
> e&m=1-24
> loadzone = us
> defaultzone=us
> root at asterisk01:~#
>
> BTW what the hell is the line "dynamic="  ;-)

dynamic is a way to do TDM phone signaling over ethernet. If you don't
have a T1 interface, you don't need the span line. Also, I think it has
been mentioned on the list, e&m isn't supported on the analog
interfaces. From the looks of the output below, you have a single X100P
or X101P card, and only need to specify the 1 channel as FXO.

> root at asterisk01:~# cat /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf |grep -v ";"

Same lesson as above goes here.

> [channels]
> context=default
> switchtype=national
> signalling=em_w
> usecallerid=yes
> hidecallerid=no
> callwaiting=yes
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> callreturn=yes
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
> group=1
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
>
> immediate=no

You need to have a channel definition. Of course it may have been
excluded by the grep you used.

> root at asterisk01:~#
>
> root at asterisk01:~# cat /etc/modules.conf
> options torisa base=0xd0000
> alias char-major-196 torisa
> post-install tor2 /sbin/ztcfg
> post-install wcfxo /sbin/ztcfg
> post-install wct1xxp /sbin/ztcfg
> post-install wcfxs /sbin/ztcfg
> post-install wcfxsusb /sbin/ztcfg
> post-install torisa /sbin/ztcfg
> post-install wct4xxp /sbin/ztcfg
> root at asterisk01:~#
>

> root at asterisk01:~# lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted
> zaptel                179712   0  (unused)
> ppp_generic            15776   0  [zaptel]
> slhc                    4384   0  [ppp_generic]
> root at asterisk01:~#
> root at asterisk01:~#
>

> root at asterisk01:~# cat /proc/pci

This is more useful if you use the command lspci.

> PCI devices found:
>   Bus  0, device   0, function  0:

Now for the fix you need, try placing the card in a different PCI slot.
This card can be finicky about it's environment.