[Asterisk-Users] Channel Bank configuration

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jul 11 01:39:39 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 23:12, Marty Mastera wrote:
> Steven:
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I do want to continue using the Adit for the data...
>
> In terms of routing the FXO, I would either want to route 1-10 from the
> Adit to *, or 1-12 (not sure how much I would gain/lose from having the
> fax and analog phone jacks direct from Adit or via *)...
>
> For the desk phones, there are only a maximum of 6 extensions, and the
> Adit is equipped with an 8 port FXS card.  So I think what you were
> recommending is routing 1-10 from Adit to *, then map the 6 extensions
> back from * to the Adit FXS card?
>
> The Adit is provider owned and on their side of the dmark (as far as I
> know), so I realize that I would not be able to configure it in this case
> and would have to have them do it.
>
> Do this sound accurate?

Sounds accurate. You may get lucky and they will let you route some
channels back to the ADIT.

BTW, in your other message, you ask about phones. Your NEC phones won't
be usable. Transfer and hold are dealt with via the flash and dial an
extension. CallerID is normal caller id, so for these 3 functions you
just need a nice looking phone to put on the desk. I found some AT&T
phones that I like for my office at about $30. Of course the other thing
you will have as an option is cordless phones. From my ADIT at home I
now have a large collection of cordless phones attached. Thank ebay for
the half of my phone system not produced by Digium.

I'll try and get some pictures of my home system up on my webpage
tomorrow.