[Asterisk-Users] voip

wasim at convergence.com.pk wasim at convergence.com.pk
Mon Jul 7 19:40:07 MST 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, marrandy wrote:

> Well I now have asterisk installed.
>
> I've printed out the asterisk web site.
>
> I've printed the draft Asterisk handbook V2
>
> I've printed the Introduction to the asterisk open source pbx

oh, no, the trees, the humanity... try and not print, its easier to cut
paste from a console than print the buggers out, besides the pace of *
development at times has been so fast, those printed pages are probably
obsolete by now :)

> 1)   VOIP inside the private LAN from one computer to another.  e.g.
> 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2 etc.

great... IAX2 will do that for ya

> 2)   VOIP to someone outside in the U.S.

ask nufone, or setup your own gateway

> 3)   VOIP to someone overseas e.g. U.K.

ask nufone or taan or someone like that

> 4)   Get a hardware card for the incoming line

get an X100P from digium

> 5)   Some extensions, perhap's Four (4).

get a TDM400P from digium (or use soft phones)

> I don't see much in relation to point 1.

why not? keep looking, it'll become clearer

> What software (linux) can be used to connect VOIP to the astericks server ??

sip|h323|iax|mgcp?|skinny?
a whole buncha codecs

- wasim