[Asterisk-Users] voip

marrandy marrandy at chaossolutions.org
Tue Jul 8 19:57:03 MST 2003

Hello.

Well I now have asterisk installed.

I've printed out the asterisk web site.

I've printed the draft Asterisk handbook V2

I've printed the Introduction to the asterisk open source pbx

Because I'm experimenting, I would like to do things in a certain order :-

1)   VOIP inside the private LAN from one computer to another.  e.g.
192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2 etc.

2)   VOIP to someone outside in the U.S.

3)   VOIP to someone overseas e.g. U.K.

4)   Get a hardware card for the incoming line

5)   Some extensions, perhap's Four (4).

I don't see much in relation to point 1.

What software (linux) can be used to connect VOIP to the astericks server ??

Regards...Martin