[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and VMWare

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jul 8 06:01:12 MST 2003

I use a similar asterisk setup when my T100P card is being used outside
the home. I ran it on a 1ghz athlon that was shared as my workstation,
but all linux. When my screen saver started, the audio quality dropped
below usable. So obviously my system was idle if the screen saver
started. SO as you can see you most likely will not get good results
under vmware even if you are on a pretty hefty machine.