[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Sacrifice?

John Haigh john at siriusweblabs.com
Fri Jul 4 06:16:52 MST 2003

Hi Here is my sip configuration with fwd. I would recommend getting a
fwd account (fwd.pulver.com) as it is free.

;
; SIP Configuration for Asterisk
;
[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
; Address to bind to
context = default               ; Default for incoming calls
tos=reliability

register=37526:mypassword at fwd.pulver.com/37526

[fwd]
type=friend
secret=mypassword
username=37526
host=fwd.pulver.com

My extensions.conf

; at the top you will find the globals section...specify a variable
called PHONE1 for sip/fwd..then
; you can change it out or add another phone variable if you have other
sip phones.

[globals]

PHONE1=SIP/fwd

; Extension 1234
; this will dial my soft sip phone x-lite when someone dials 1234...no
ever does though
exten => 1234,1,Playback(transfer,skip)         ; "Please hold while..."
exten => 1234,2,Macro(stdexten,1234,${PHONE1})
exten => 1235,1,Voicemail(u1234)                ; Right to voicemail
exten => 1236,1,Dial(${PHONE1},30)               ; Ring forever
exten => 1236,2,Voicemail(u1234)                ; Unless busy

Also check out John Todd's asterisk conf files. I think they are great
and they helped me get my head around all this.
http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/current/extensions.conf

John Haigh