[Asterisk-Users] A solution for SIP and NAT

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jul 1 12:47:40 MST 2003

I'm uncertain why you're not able to get SIP working for your user
agents (SIP clients.)  With Cisco equipment, as an example, it works
quite well and almost every 79xx or ATA-186 I have is behind a NAT,
and this configuration is duplicated across a dozen or more systems
now running behind almost every conceivable NAT/PAT situation*

Known working config:

UA -> (NAT) -> Internet -> Asterisk

Can you be more specific about your problems with SIP?  Perhaps you
have done so in the past, but re-state and maybe someone can see what
the problem is.

JT

*Note: the Cisco PIX, while supposedly SIP-friendly, has been the one
box that has not worked with NAT/PAT SIP sessions.  I have not been
the admin on that system, but a fairly clueful Cisco wrangler has
been unable to make it work for originating calls in both directions
- only one-way origination works.)