[Asterisk-Users] Vonage

denon denon at denon.cx
Mon Feb 24 20:23:16 MST 2003

You might want to think of it as using a cd of software, without the
key.  The ATA is the transport for their software, and the license is the
key.  Just because you have someone else's CD, (or more applicable, you buy
a media kit for something you don't have a license for.) doesn't mean it's
legal to use it.   You paid for the media kit, but yet it's not legal to
use the software.

Now, I don't necessarily endorse cisco's licensing policy (in fact, I think
it stinks, but I'll abide anyway), but seeing as though they think their
firmware is the valued product, and it won't run on just any hardware,
they're just distributing it in their media of choice -- an ata box.

*shrugs* .. my 2 cents, dont spend it all at cisco. :)

denon