[Asterisk-Users] Vonage

Nathan renegade at techhaven.net
Mon Feb 24 19:26:30 MST 2003

Your paying for features in the code that you use.. The software
for the device likely took quite a while to make, and they have a right to
charge whatever amount they want to. If you feel its worth the money,
you buy it. If you don't, then you dont. That being said, if you were to
write your own firmware for the ATA, you should be able to and not be
required to purchase a software license, assuming they sell the
hardware by itself (which appearently they do).

However, if your using Cisco's firmware without paying for it.. then
well.. thats software piracy. Whether or not thats ok with you and your
business is up to you.

There are other products out there though.. Why not use those, or roll
your own, if you don't like Cisco's policies?

Nathan