[Asterisk-Users] Echo

Pauline Middelink middelink at polyware.nl
Sun Feb 23 02:55:10 MST 2003

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 around 18:19:10 +0000, Iain Stevenson wrote:

> Hi Pauline
>
> --On Saturday, February 22, 2003 10:13:29 +0100 Pauline Middelink
> <middelink at polyware.nl> wrote:
> >
> >The ata186 does its own echo cancelation. But it you go to the
> >outside world over i4l, than again you introduce echo.
>
> Mmmm?  I have seen echo in this scenario:
>
> ATA186 => i4l => EuroISDN => POTS

I resume this should read

ATA186 => * => i4l => POTS

the ATA may be clean, but the i4l not.

> The call at the POTS end is reportedly fine - presumably because the ATA186
> does echo cancellation.  However, I hear echo at the ATA186 end.  I had
> assumed that this was because of echo cancelling limitations at the POTS
> end - are you suggesting that asterisk is at fault or that echo cancelling
> in asterisk is a workaround for POTS problems?

yes.

> Either way I'm interested in the i4l echo patch!

me too! Or do you mean the 1 second FIFO patch?

    Met vriendelijke groet,
        Pauline Middelink
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 2D5B 87A7 DDA6 0378 5DEA  BD3B 9A50 B416 E2D0 C3C2
For more details look at my website http://www.polyware.nl/~middelink