[Asterisk-Users] Echo

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Sat Feb 22 11:19:10 MST 2003

Hi Pauline

--On Saturday, February 22, 2003 10:13:29 +0100 Pauline Middelink
<middelink at polyware.nl> wrote:

> The ata186 does its own echo cancelation. But it you go to the
> outside world over i4l, than again you introduce echo.

Mmmm?  I have seen echo in this scenario:

ATA186 => i4l => EuroISDN => POTS

The call at the POTS end is reportedly fine - presumably because the ATA186
does echo cancellation.  However, I hear echo at the ATA186 end.  I had
assumed that this was because of echo cancelling limitations at the POTS
end - are you suggesting that asterisk is at fault or that echo cancelling
in asterisk is a workaround for POTS problems?

Either way I'm interested in the i4l echo patch!

  Iain