[Asterisk-Users] SJPhone, asterisk and DTMF

William X Walsh william at wxw.org
Sat Feb 22 12:44:08 MST 2003

I'm currently using the SJPhone softphone with asterisk for remote SIP.
When I dial into the voicemail, and attempt to pass the extension, I
"hear" the sounds, but asterisk is not receiving any DTMF signals.  If I
use the Estera softphone, asterisk does receive the DTMF signals.

Normally, I'd just say "Use the Estera" softphone to myself, but that's
not an option, since Estera doesn't allow you to configure it to use a
specific audio device without changing the system default sound device.

So while I am not hopeful, and am assuming I am just SOL with doing this
with sjphone, I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else has had any luck
with this softphone and asterisk with DTMF and if there was anything in
particular, configuration wise, that I could do to resolve this.

SJPhone does support DTMF, because when I dial into a client's PBX,
their PBX has no problem with the signals.

--
William Walsh <william at wxw.org>
Jabber: william at wxw.biz