[Asterisk-Users] Echo

Pauline Middelink middelink at polyware.nl
Sat Feb 22 02:13:29 MST 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 around 20:42:58 +1100, Adam Goryachev wrote:
> I used to get bad echo and also voice breaking up during a conversation, so
> I upgraded the machine (from a PII 300 to a Athlon 1.8GHz) and have resolved
> the voice breaking up issues but still seem to have a fairly bad echo on
> *both* sides of the conversation.
>
> Currently I am only using the system for outbound calls, so I am always
> calling from the digium USB port phone and out to the telco using a ISDN
> (i4l) card. As I said, I hear an echo which is sometimes worse than other
> times even throughout a single call, but reports from every other person I
> speak to says they get a very bad echo of their own voice as well.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Does the i4l asterisk driver support echo cancellation? I currently have:
> echocancel=yes
> in my zapata.conf file.

i4l uses the modem.conf file, not the zapata.conf file.
and no, it does not echo cancelation, i'm waiting for Mark
to seperate it out from the zap driver, like he did for the
dsp functions.

> I haven't tried dialling from my ata186 out to the world, but other people
> say they do still get an echo...

The ata186 does its own echo cancelation. But it you go to the
outside world over i4l, than again you introduce echo.

    Met vriendelijke groet,
        Pauline Middelink
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 2D5B 87A7 DDA6 0378 5DEA  BD3B 9A50 B416 E2D0 C3C2
For more details look at my website http://www.polyware.nl/~middelink