[Asterisk-Users] Echo

Wed Feb 19 02:42:58 MST 2003

I used to get bad echo and also voice breaking up during a conversation, so
I upgraded the machine (from a PII 300 to a Athlon 1.8GHz) and have resolved
the voice breaking up issues but still seem to have a fairly bad echo on
*both* sides of the conversation.

Currently I am only using the system for outbound calls, so I am always
calling from the digium USB port phone and out to the telco using a ISDN
(i4l) card. As I said, I hear an echo which is sometimes worse than other
times even throughout a single call, but reports from every other person I
speak to says they get a very bad echo of their own voice as well.

Any hints?

Does the i4l asterisk driver support echo cancellation? I currently have:
echocancel=yes
in my zapata.conf file.

I haven't tried dialling from my ata186 out to the world, but other people
say they do still get an echo...

Regards,
Adam