[Asterisk-Users] Multi-line, multi-registration phones

Sean Garland sean at siskiyoutech.com
Tue Dec 30 13:29:40 MST 2003

I have hard phones that are capable of handling three calls at once.
That is setup (apparently) through multiple registrations.  My question
is has anyone done this and what is the proper way of doing it?  Do I
have to setup (for 2 phones that have three lines) 6 sections in my
sip.conf and setup 6 extensions to handle the registrations?

Also, if I found by searching the web sample code for making both sip
extensions ring when a call comes in, but what if I had 100 extensions?
Seems like the string would get pretty long, is there a way to put all
extensions in a single group and ring the group?

All kinda is the same question.  But thanks for the answer anyway...

Sean Garland