[Asterisk-Users] X101P stopped working. Newbie seeks help

Bob Smith bsmith at linuxtoys.org
Thu Dec 25 13:26:30 MST 2003

Hi

I received the Asterisk Dev Kit Lite on Saturday and got
a small PBX working fairly quickly using the config files
supplied with the kit.   This was on my desktop machine
and the sound card stopped working.  I turned the system
off and moved the sound card to another slot to give it
a different IRQ.   On reboot, the modules zaptel, wcfxo,
and wcusb all load OK and asterisk starts OK but there is
no dialtone on the extension and the X101P never answers.
The command "show channels" shows nothing.  I moved cards
around, rebuilt, reloaded, rebooted... nothing worked.

I bought a new system and did a fresh RH9 install.  Did a
cvs checkout of zaptel, asterisk, zapata, and libpri.
The problem persists on the new machine.

The new box is on a separate spur on the firewall so I'll
be glad to give root access to anyone willing to help.
Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks
Bob Smith
bsmith at linuxtoys dot org