[Asterisk-Users] Re: Sip phones on the same extension?

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Thu Dec 25 12:46:27 MST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Brian Buhrow
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2003 2:15 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Cc: buhrow at lothlorien.nfbcal.org
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Sip phones on the same extension?

	Hello.  I think I understand your suggestion, but don't
understand how that's any different than the one I came up with.  What I
want, is to be able to define a specific extension, and then have any
external SIP phones

[...]

The difference is, his suggestion works.  Yours doesn't.

If you register multiple SIP devices in the way you suggest, only one of
them will ring.  It appears to me that the one that is "fastest" to
respond will work, but I only tried the setup briefly before doing a bit
of research that told me it wasn't the way this is done in *.

Daryl