[Asterisk-Users] Re: Land line vs. VoIP provider.

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Dec 19 15:28:50 MST 2003

SW wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Interesting ....
>

>>6) When, and if, the quality/reliability improves sufficiently, a DID
>>line in the area code of your choice, which provides 6 simultaneous call
>>presentations for $7.99/month, will beat any land line hands down.
>

> I did not know that one connection can have many simultaneous call
> presentations.
>
> I just tried with my iconnect account, So while I was calling in to an *
> extension, I tried calling the same iconnect number again. It didn't give me
> an engage tone, infact it came to the * as well.
>
> Six simultaneous presentations you mentioned here is for VoicePulse, right ?
>
> Do you know the limitation for Iconnect ? I can't use VoicePulse because I
> live in California, and need California numbers.
>
> Thanks
>
> SW

Sorry, I should have been more explicit.  Yes, I meant with VoicePulse
and as far as I know, with Nufone too. These are the only ones I have
checked explicitly (the IAX providers). Also, the number of simultaneous
presentations may bary from provider to provider. Vonage may be able to
do the same thing as well, but you would have to verify that with them,
or someone on the list may also know.  As far as I know, iconnect
explicitly disallows multiple call presentations. The iconnect thing was
discussed on the list a month or two back.

Stephen R. Besch