[Asterisk-Users] RE: Land line vs. VoIP provider.

SW sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 19 16:42:55 MST 2003

> As far as I know, iconnect
> explicitly disallows multiple call presentations. The iconnect thing was
> discussed on the list a month or two back.

I red that discussion, it was more on multiple outgoing calls. I noticed
with Iconnect, the sip invite message always comes as the
originating_phonenumber at iconnect_ip. So if I use two PSTN numbers to call
same Iconnect provided number, it arrives at asterisk as two different
calls. Iconnect seems like completely depends on the SIP response from * or
any SIP end point to figure out the call status (busy or on call). That is
why I think, it is IMPOSSIBLE to set the * to receive a call coming from
Iconnect to a particular context, other than general section, in it's
sip.conf. (I didn't hear from any one who got this working)

I think this is how, fwd and others are offering access numbers in many US
States. Using a single number many callers can get to their (fwd) network.

This is my observation, please correct me if I am wrong ?

SW