[Asterisk-Users] Headless Linux system for Asterisk

Robert Mann asterisk at easyway.com
Thu Dec 18 15:16:04 MST 2003

You will probably find quite a few people do.  I know I do.  I have a monitor
hooked up to a keyboard switch that is attached to my Asterisk server but I
never click over to it.  I use SecureCRT and monitor the console that way only.
No need really for a monitor unless you want the graphical view which is not
really needed anyway.  I can do all I need to do with no monitor at all.  I use
RedHat 9 and just issue a up2date -u when I need to do updates via the RedHat
network as well.  I can't think of 1 reason you would HAVE to use a monitor.

Good luck,
Robert