[Asterisk-Users] Headless Linux system for Asterisk

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 15:16:21 MST 2003

There are no issues.  There is no reason to have a K/B or
monitor on the server.  Just sucks up power and adds to
global warming.  You may also want to pull any CDROM or
flopy drive from the box too for the same reason.

Seriusly, you should be using ssh from a remote machine to
access the server.  I did install X11 and many X11 clients
like but NEVER run X11 on the server just do "ssh -X" and
work on a remote machine.

--- Michael Welter <mike at introspect.com> wrote:
> Because of space limitations and because of the location of the
> punch-down blocks, my * server is located on the shelf in a coat
> closet.
>   Sadly, there is not enough space (or ventilation) for the monitor
> and
> keyboard.  This will all change when we move to new quarters, but...
>
> Does anyone have experience running Linux/Asterisk without a monitor?
>
> What, if any, are the issues?
>
> TIA

=====
Chris Albertson