[Asterisk-Users] ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 2

Bill Hamel asterisk at hamel.net
Wed Dec 17 20:12:04 MST 2003

Hi,

FWIW

This issue had been resolved. The fix is nothing to speak of except that maybe
this post may be informative for someone out there.

It turned out to be a hardware issue in the PC, after swapping the Zaptel cards
to another PC, it has been up and running with no "ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on
channel 2: No such device or address (6) [FAILED]" errors anymore.

Unfortunately I don't have the cycles to research exactly what on the MB or NIC
may have been causing this, it could be anything, it's easier just to leave the
Zaptels in the new box and find something clever to do with the old one like
tie it to my bumper and drag it around for a bit :)

I can say this though, the box would loose network connectivity ~60 seconds
after the error. An ifconfig -a showed the NIC Up and the routing table on the
box was correct as well. Link lights looked fine and the CISCO catalyst port
showed up/up as well. The Zaptel cards did not need to be powercycled because a
"shutdown -r" worked.

Regards,
-bh

Quoting asterisk at hamel.net:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the reply, actually the cards installed are a TDM400P (Single
> port) and an X100P.
>
> I don't need to power down the PCI cards by turning of the PC, a simple
> "shutdown -r now" does it.
>
> -bh
>
> Quoting Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>:
>
> > On Thursday 11 December 2003 17:42, asterisk at hamel.net wrote:
> > > [root at asterisk asterisk]# service zaptel start
> > > Running ztcfg:  ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 2: No such device
> > > or address (6) [FAILED]
> >
> > Typically this means that the driver cannot detect the device.  Since
> > it is the S100U that seems to be undetected, try unplugging it,
> > waiting 20 seconds, and plugging it back in.
> >
> > -Tilghman

dangerous content by the Bugs.Hamel.Net MailScanner,
and appears to be clean.