[Asterisk-Users] ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 2

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Dec 11 19:20:11 MST 2003

Please reply to the list only.  I read the list; I do not need two
copies of your response.

On Thursday 11 December 2003 18:47, asterisk at hamel.net wrote:
> Quoting Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>:
> > On Thursday 11 December 2003 17:42, asterisk at hamel.net wrote:
> > > [root at asterisk asterisk]# service zaptel start
> > > Running ztcfg:  ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 2: No such device
> > > or address (6) [FAILED]
> >
> > Typically this means that the driver cannot detect the device.
> > Since it is the S100U that seems to be undetected, try unplugging
> > it, waiting 20 seconds, and plugging it back in.
>
> Thank you for the reply, actually the cards installed are a TDM400P
> (Single port) and an X100P.
>
> I don't need to power down the PCI cards by turning of the PC, a
> simple "shutdown -r now" does it.

Then you're loading the wrong modules.  The TDM400P does not use
the wcusb driver; it uses the wcfxs driver.  If you use the right
module for your hardware, then I suspect you won't have any problems.

-Tilghman