[Asterisk-Users] Beginner couple of questions

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Dec 15 19:43:19 MST 2003

On Monday 15 December 2003 20:15, Isianto Istiadi wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have some questions, I'm sure it's pretty stupid for most of you,
> but I need you guys to help me. Here are my questions:
> 1. Music On Hold, it doesn't play any sound on the parked call or
> hold call. But if I do ps-ax, it shows mpg123 .....( I forgot the
> exact line). I'm using slackware 9.1

Please run the following command:

echo | strings `which mpg123` | grep -c mpg123

If the output is 0, you've got mpg321 installed, symlinked to mpg123,
which will not work.  Deinstall mpg321 and install mpg123.

> 2. I have fxs 3 port, and in my zapata.conf I have included
> callpickup=1-4, but I can't pick up the call.

Use the right keywords:  callgroup and pickupgroup.

> 3. Supposed I have 2 fxo cards (right now I have one already) and 3
> fxs, and one of the fxo will have two phone (running pararell), is
> there any way for * to:
> a. It always dial the first fxo, if the fxo is busy or is being used
> (have other people conversation), will * be able to switch it to
> other fxo? Here's the approximiate the conditions of the phone.

Yes, define both FXO ports in the same group (e.g. 0) then dial numbers
using the group, (e.g. Dial(Zap/g0/2345678)).

-Tilghman