[Asterisk-Users] Beginner couple of questions

Christian Hoffmeyer christian at yottadot.org
Mon Dec 15 19:35:06 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Isianto Istiadi" <isianto.istiadi at adirarental.com>
To: <Asterisk-Users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 8:15 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Beginner couple of questions

> 1. Music On Hold, it doesn't play any sound on the parked call or hold
call.
> But if I do ps-ax, it shows mpg123 .....( I forgot the exact line). I'm
using
> slackware 9.1

Slackware doesn't have mpg123 installed out of the box.  It's actually a
symlink to mpg321.  Delete the symlink and install mpg123.

I recommend swaret for Slackers.

http://www.swaret.org/?menu=downloads

follow the instructions for installation and then

swaret --update && swaret --install mpg123

Your MOH will work fine after this.  The MOH is actually playing with mpg123
symlinked to mpg321, but it's so slow that you can't tell it's playing.

look at the wiki

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+mpg123+redhat

You can download the rpm and use rpm2tgz on it, then use installpkg
package.tgz.. I would recommend you either compile from src or use swaret
though.

Christian