[Asterisk-Users] more questions

Isianto Istiadi isianto.istiadi at adirarental.com
Mon Dec 15 20:21:30 MST 2003

> 3. Supposed I have 2 fxo cards (right now I have one already) and 3
> fxs, and one of the fxo will have two phone (running pararell), is
> there any way for * to:
> a. It always dial the first fxo, if the fxo is busy or is being used
> (have other people conversation), will * be able to switch it to
> other fxo? Here's the approximiate the conditions of the phone.

>Yes, define both FXO ports in the same group (e.g. 0) then dial numbersusing
>the group, (e.g. Dial(Zap/g0/2345678)).-Tilghman

Thanks Tilghman, but the above command won't guaranteed the first FXO, will
get dialed first, will it?
Cause in my conditions I have 2 fxo (say no# a and no#b), I really want to
dial outgoing call to no#a first, then if a is being used, then call b
instead

More questions though
1. How to record a conversations? Can do it with asterisks? Can you give me
the example of configurations?
2. How to forward call to other number automatically, say that my friend call
me to *, but nobody pick it up, can it automatically forward the call to my
cellphone number? If it can, can you show me how to do it?
3. for music on hold do I need to put something in my extension.conf or it
will work out of the box?

Thanks in advance

Isianto Istiadi