[Asterisk-Users] VoicePulse for outbound dialing

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Tue Dec 9 15:49:44 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Youngblood" <carl at ycs.biz>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] VoicePulse for outbound dialing

> > Next get a VOIP service provider to provide you with a PSTN DID
> > (A phone number) VoicePulse will do this for about $8.00/month
> > pluss outgoing per minute cost. So you get as many incomming lines
> > as you need and you have zero hardware interface at your site.
> > (other then your DSL line.)
> >

> Can I use this type of service for outbound dialing without any SIP
> phones?  I just want to have a server that sends voice messages to our

You don't need an IP phone to do this, just something that can talk SIP/IAX
to VoicePulse. (ie, asterisk)

> customers.  And if so, what part of asterisk do I want to examine to
> develop this?  It would be great to write an outbound dialer that

Again, you'll want something that generates files similar to the sample.call
in /usr/src/asterisk.

> didn't require any specialized hardware.  Does a service like this let
> you make more than one phone call simultaneously, or must you pay an
> additional $8.00 for each line that gets used at the same time?  Sorry
> if these questions are stupid but I'm new to asterisk.

You should send that question to VoicePulse.

-----
Andrew Thompson http://aktzero.com/
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how
restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions
stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.