[Asterisk-Users] VoicePulse for outbound dialing

Carl Youngblood carl at ycs.biz
Tue Dec 9 14:20:51 MST 2003

> Next get a VOIP service provider to provide you with a PSTN DID
> (A phone number) VoicePulse will do this for about $8.00/month
> pluss outgoing per minute cost. So you get as many incomming lines
> as you need and you have zero hardware interface at your site.
> (other then your DSL line.)

Can I use this type of service for outbound dialing without any SIP
phones?  I just want to have a server that sends voice messages to our
customers.  And if so, what part of asterisk do I want to examine to
develop this?  It would be great to write an outbound dialer that
didn't require any specialized hardware.  Does a service like this let
you make more than one phone call simultaneously, or must you pay an
additional $8.00 for each line that gets used at the same time?  Sorry
if these questions are stupid but I'm new to asterisk.

Thanks,
Carl Youngblood