[Asterisk-Users] Experiences with Fedora 1

Alex Zarubin ZAlex at Webley.COM
Thu Dec 4 18:31:28 MST 2003

Hi Scott,

Could you, please, help with the info on Fedora enhancements (as compared to
RH9)
for Xeon multi-threading (hyperthreading?). Nothing in Fedora FAQ about it.

Thank you.

Alex Zarubin
Webley Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Stingel [mailto:scott at evtmedia.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 9:21 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Experiences with Fedora 1

Hi all-

Over the past week or two, I've been trying out asterisk under Fedora 1
Linux (RedHat).  In my setup (single and dual Xeon motherboards), I have so
far had a very good experience in terms of performance.  In doing E1 load
testing, I've found that Fedora handles heavy load much better than RedHat9,
probably because of its better use of the multi-threading capabilities of
the Xeon.

Before I deploy Fedora to customer sites, though, I'm interested in other
people's experience with Fedora.  If you're using Fedora, please tell us:
what's been your experience?

Thanks
Scott Stingel

Scott M. Stingel
Emerging Voice Technology Inc.
Palo Alto, California and London, England