[Asterisk-Users] Implementing a ringback test function for Zap channels

Steve Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Thu Dec 4 20:16:39 MST 2003

I'd like to add a test extension to implement ringback so that I can test a
phone's ringer without having to use another channel in another room. The way
I'd like to implement this is to dial a test extension, get a tone, hang up,
then one second later, have the system call me back at that extension.

There is a way to do this which is mentioned in the Asterisk white paper,
but it uses the old qcall mechanism which is depreciated. Is there any way
to do this with extension logic, or will it require writing a specialized app,
or AGI script?

Steve.