[Asterisk-Users] Channelbank Recomendation and GS102 question

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Thu Dec 4 17:12:40 MST 2003

I just went through this cycle. I did go ebay and went with a Carrier Access
Access Bank I, since I still haven't decided if this will be our production
system and I didn't want to invest too much to find out. After fighting with it
all day today, I would not recommend the AB1 for this application -- both
inbound and outbound calling, because the AB1 doesn't support call supervision
on the inbound fxo ports. And their tech support says that Carrier Access does
not sell a model with call sup. There are various work arounds, but I think not
matter what it would be more functional to have a channel bank that supports
call sup. I also think there are issues with some CBs and caller ID. If you
want caller ID make sure to ask that it is supported and with which cards.

Adtran seems to be the most recommended vendor on the list. Many refs to TA
750s.
--
Jonathan Moore
Director of Technology