[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Avaya IP phones

Andy Hester cgadmin at conserogroup.com
Thu Dec 4 17:49:28 MST 2003

Asterisk and Avaya IP phones-----Original Message-----
  From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Ed Rubright
  Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 5:03 PM
  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
  Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Avaya IP phones

  The company I work for has deployed an Avaya IP phone system.  They have
deployed the Avaya 4602 and 4620 IP telephones.  They might be sending me
one of these phones for use in my home office.

  Question: Can I make this IP telephone register and work with my Asterisk
server?  I don't know if it is a SIP phone?  I searched thru the Avaya site,
but can't find whether it's a SIP phone or not.  Thought maybe someone on
this list would know.

  Question: Would I be able to register my Asterisk server or an individual
SIP phone (Cisco 7960 or Polycom IP600) with the Avaya server these 46xx IP
telephones use?  I don't know what model of the Avaya server the company has
purchased, so I have limited info here.

  Thanks in advance,
  Ed Rubright

  These phones are H.323 phones from what I remember of the documentation,
so they are compatible in a VERY general sense.  However, I'm sure that
there are alot of proprietary things that the phone does that would have to
be sniffed out in order to make it fully compatible if that is even
possible.  I wouldn't expect any help from Avaya either. :)

  HTH

  Andy