[Asterisk-Users] Carrier Access Channel Bank Setup -- No hangup

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Dec 4 12:41:28 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 11:49, Jonathan Moore wrote:
> I just purchased a T100p from digium and a Carrier Access Access Bank 1 channel
> bank (12fxs/12fxo). I have the setup partially working thanks to some help from
> IRC. However I still have the following issues I can't seem to resolve
>
> 1. When calling into the system from the PSTN call hangup is not detected. *
> leaves line in use until it is shutdown.

You need to get disconnect supervision on you phone lines. Nothing short
is probably going to work for you.

> 2. When calling an analog phone connected to channel bank the phone doesn't
> ring. If you are in call and some else calls the extension you get the call
> waiting tones and a flash works to flip to the new line.

Do any of the phone lines ring? Sounds like you have one of the AB1's
that are known to get burnt out ring generators.

> zaptel.conf
> span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
> fxsls=13-24
> fxols=1-12

Switch these from ls to ks for kewlstart, or disconnect supervision
signaling.

> loadzone = us
> defaultzone=us
>
> zapata.conf
> [channels]
>
> context = local
> language = en
> callwaiting = yes
> threewaycalling = yes
> transfer = yes
> cancelforward = yes
> callreturn = no
> usecallerid = yes
> hidecallerid = no
> echocancel = yes
> echocancelwhenbridged = yes
> ;immediate = no
> txgain=1.0
> rxgain=1.0
> callprogress=no
> busydetect=no
>
> group = 2
>
> ;use with FXO PCI card
> signalling = fxo_ls

If you change above to ks, do the same here.

> ;channel => 13-24
> channel => 1
>
> context = local
>
> group = 1
> ;use with FXS USB card
> signalling = fxs_ls

again, if you change to ks, do so here also.