[Asterisk-Users] Carrier Access Channel Bank Setup -- No hangup

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Thu Dec 4 12:42:30 MST 2003

Quoting Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>:

> On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 11:49, Jonathan Moore wrote:
> > I just purchased a T100p from digium and a Carrier Access Access Bank 1
> channel
> > bank (12fxs/12fxo). I have the setup partially working thanks to some help
> from
> > IRC. However I still have the following issues I can't seem to resolve
> >
> > 1. When calling into the system from the PSTN call hangup is not detected.
> *
> > leaves line in use until it is shutdown.
>
> You need to get disconnect supervision on you phone lines. Nothing short
> is probably going to work for you.

Formerly I was using a single line FXO card from Digium and it worked perfectly
with kewl start signalling. Does this still mean I need to get disconnect
supervision from the telco? Just changing from ls to ks in configs doesn't seem
to have any affect.

> > 2. When calling an analog phone connected to channel bank the phone
> doesn't
> > ring. If you are in call and some else calls the extension you get the
> call
> > waiting tones and a flash works to flip to the new line.
>
> Do any of the phone lines ring? Sounds like you have one of the AB1's
> that are known to get burnt out ring generators.

Is there a way to definitively test the ring generators on the channel bank?

Thanks for the help.

Visit Winfield Public Schools at http://usd465.com