[Asterisk-Users] Structured release, Maillists

Roger De Salis roger at desalis.gen.nz
Thu Aug 21 22:32:31 MST 2003

 From the thread.....

> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] IAX <> IAX trunking... DP cache?
> Date: 20 Aug 2003 11:29:59 -0600
> From: Steve Meyers <steve-asterisk at spamwiz.com>
>
>>Brian West wrote:
>>
>>>I would use the latest CVS for one.  And try again.
>>
>>Unfortunately, I've tried numerous times to get a current CVS trunk
>>snapshot to talk to *anything*, to no avail. Even getting my Grandstream
>>phones to register with it was an apparent excersize in futility.
>>Dropping back to 0.4.0 *immediately* worked with the same configs.
>>
>>I'll give it a go again with today's snapshot and see if I can get
>>*anything* to work again.
>>
>>Is there any hope for a 0.5.0 release on the horizon?
>
> I would also like to see a more structured release program.  It's kind
> of scary to tell people that they should "just use the latest CVS code".

I agree with this. Any chance of a "version.h" in the top level
directory. It would add to confidence level a fraction...

How hard would it be to drop all the HTML and =20 messages
out of the maillist digest..... This would improve the s/n ratio...

Many Thanks Roger De Salis

--
  \_    Roger De Salis                   rdesalis at fx dot net dot nz
  </'   FX Networks                      +64 21 481 452