[Asterisk-Users] Oen source IP phone, maybe?

Michael Sandee ms at zeelandnet.nl
Tue Aug 19 12:10:01 MST 2003

I guess you will need some software/mem/cpu/flash too? getting it on a
cicuitboard etc?

You would be more looking at 200$+ for a full board... the thing is you
need something with drivers, or open standards hardware that you can
write drivers for. I've not seen much available boards with dsp etc...
one at broadcom iirc

Case is probably not something you make just like that, you usually get
a design, and people make it... and thats very expensive... but it gets
cheap in mass production... but that takes a *long* time unless you got
some good marketing... Then you need some way of communicating the keys
with the software, another io thingy... or use a lcd with touchpad, and
make it a multifunctional device... (this would, just like the Cisco
7940/60, make the high price 'ok')... Think about a minibrowser, sending
urls, bookmarks, images, (video conferencing?!), .. my kind of IAX phone :)

I've been dreaming about this aswell though ;) there are just many hooks
to it.. overcome audio problems, speakerphones, echo, echo cancelling...

Regards,

Michael