[Asterisk-Users] Oen source IP phone, maybe?

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Tue Aug 19 11:35:53 MST 2003

Its another one of my "If I only had time...damn this sleep thing" ideas,
but I really wonder how hard/cost effective it would be to build an open
source IP phone or phone adapter (ala ATA).

In about 20 minutes of mulling and research, I figure you could do it for
about $40 in parts plus coding time...

1 DS80C400 Ethernet enabled microcontroller with built in IPV4/V6 stack
$10
1 DSP56K hardware DSP (you may even be able to dispense with this if the
C400 is fast enough to do the codecing...then you just need a 8 or 16 bit
DAC/ADC) $10
Misc parts/case/whatnot $20.