[Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk user.

Steve Lane steve_lane at charter.net
Thu Aug 14 06:52:36 MST 2003

Hello,
            I am a new asterisk user as well. I am very impressed with
the functionality and flexibility of the platform. However I can not
make out the documentation as it seems kind of vague. I was hoping if
some one could kind of guide me through off-line and help me get
familiar. It has been a while since I have been on the Linux scene, but
I do have plenty of UNIX experience. I have a developer background but
haven't used any of my skills for the last 6 months (long story). Anyway
I was hoping if someone with a bit of knowledge and expertise could
guide me into becoming an expert as well. I have quite a bit of
telephony experience and I would like to share that as well.
            One other thing I was wondering that would probably make
life easier and it's probably been asked before but. I wanted to know if
there is a GUI that is used to manage Asterisk? Not that I have a
problem with writing config files or anything but I was just wondering.
Thanks in advance.

Steve Lane
steve_lane at charter.net