[Asterisk-Users] Alogirthm Used for Extension Matching ?

Adams, Gavin gadams at promisant.com
Thu Aug 14 06:47:45 MST 2003

Hi,

How does *, in a particular context, determine which extension matches
and particular dialed number? Most specific to least like routing
protocols? In order? Local context first then included context?

I have a context my SIP phones are in that uses _X. for local extension
dialing (to change the caller id to the local extension number instead
of the DID). When I include my outgoing context, which has entries such
as _9NXXXXXX, the _X. match is hitting, even if the _9XXX is above.

Changing _X. to _XXXX to be specific to our 4 digit extensions then gets
everything working fine.

Understanding how * determines extension selection will help in future
configs.

Thanks!

--- Gavin