[Asterisk-Users] Gatekeeper

Wayne Methorst wayne.methorst at monitor.co.nz
Sat Aug 9 16:29:20 MST 2003

Hello

I am a newbie to Asterisk. We have set up Asterisk on a PC with Redhat 9.0. We have installed H323 openphone on our PC's. We are wondering what a gatekeeper does. It seems we need one but what I have seen in this group is that a gatekeeper must be installed on another box on the network. As all our PC's on the network use Microsoft OS is there a free gatekeeper software for microsoft operating system?

Does Asterisk have a built in gatekeeper?

Many thanks
Wayne