[Asterisk-Users] CallerID, DECT phones and ATA

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 04:34:33 MST 2003

Hi Dan,

I use panasonic DECT phones, when plugged into a TDM20B (2 port FXS card from Digium) I get caller id passed through (name AND number) although i can't get callerid via the pstn at the moment (located in nl) i do get it for VoIP calls. Plus when a pstn call comes in and there is no clid (ie all the time!) I force asterisk to set the caller id to "PSTN Call" <my pstn number>

The panasonic was purchsed in Currys in the UK ...  personally I think that the panasonic's understand all eu caller id standards (I can't prove this) and just sell the same model throughout europe... Certainly the manual seems to cover all european languages...

It may not be what you want to hear but I'd seriously consider getting an fxs card..

Andy